Saturday, October 2, 2010

I took a run down the Salthill Prom on the day I-EH-I-EH!

So I wrote a while back that I had signed up for a 10k here in Galway. Today I ran that 10k, and I cannot feel the bottom half of my body.

I've been training for a few weeks now, but my running took quite a hit when I started working because I couldn't sleep in and go running whenever I felt like it anymore. John and I have started swimming after work everyday at a local pool, which is great because its low impact and a good way to build up the cardio. It probably really helped me through this weekend, as I wasn't really tired heart-wise just leg wise. So now I need to get better with the ol legs :)

Time chip!

For the kids!!
It was absolutely GORGEOUS weather today, a little windy but for the most part sunny and not too cold. The run went down the Salthill Prom which is right by the bay. It was great running and smelling the salty air, very calming and energizing at the same time.

I was surprised how easily I got into a stride. I was steady the whole way, with a little trouble on the 8th kilometre. We had to run out on a pier that juts out onto the bay, and there was a really bad head wind on the way down the pier. Once I turned around it was much better though, and at that point I could see the finish line so it was easy enough to finish.

I finished in 1 hour, 12 minutes and 57 seconds. I was really excited, because I haven't trained as much as I should have lately and I wasn't expecting to finish under 1 hour and half. I also raised 100 euro for Cancer Care West with the help of John's mom and her co-workers.


Maybe on the 2nd mile here? Still smiling :)
Struggle bus!!!
FTK!

Yum :)
I feel like absolute death right now. Must remember to stretch before I go to bed! Thanks to all of you who supported me and gave me advice :) Now stop reading my blog and go run!!

Next race: Sligo Women's 5k Race, October 17th!

2 comments: