Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A little this, a little that

Hello readers,

The last week and a half have been pretty rough for John and I. Last week we both were really busy and stressed with work, with John having people in to review the project he's been working on and the daycare being down 3 people last week. Although it was nice to make some extra money from working extra hours, I am glad to have all the girls back at work!

Another hard thing is that John's granny Mary passed away over the weekend. She hasn't been in the best health for a long time, but it is still something you are never prepared for. We spent the last three days driving back and forth to Clifden (where John's granny is from) for the different funeral events. Although the atmosphere was heavy, it was nice to finally meet John's family! In Ireland it is customary for all your friends and family (from both sides) to visit the mourning family over the three days. So I got to meet almost ALL of John's family- which was great! Of all the Davis grandchildren, there is only one girl so she was glad to finally have another girl her age around!

We buried Granny in one of the most beautiful and unique graveyards I have ever seen. Basically, the graveyard is located on an island, and the only way to get there is to wait for the tide to go out and drive across the sand. We were incredibly lucky with the weather, it was gorgeous, sunny and incredibly warm! The ceremony was beautiful, and now Granny is in heaven with her husband.

In lighter news, I have another race coming this weekend! I bought some fancy under armour for it last week and I can't wait to break it out for this race. My running is definitely improving, and I'm really glad that I've had the determination to stick it out. I think it helped knowing that I did a long race already, and that I CAN run if I really want to!

I'll let you all know how it goes, and I hope anyone reading this is keeping well.

Lots of love,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment