Monday, December 6, 2010

...Oops.

Hello all,

Sorry it's been so long since I've written. Let me see if I can catch up the last few weeks.

October: I did another race in Sligo, which was very hilly but a brilliant race, and I improved my time! John went away to Germany for work, and then for a stag (bachelor) party weekend in Wexford, so I was left to fend for myself a lot. At work we had our halloween party, which went over very well with the kiddies and staff alike. Then we started working on our Christmas play right after halloween!



I also joined a running club during October, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I met some good people and its nice to be able to go out with a group. 

November: Nothing too exciting in November. Early in the month I ran a race in Athenry. It was a race only for members of Fit4Life, which is the program that runs my club and many clubs around the country. That was great, because it took a lot of the pressure off of the race. Again, we had an absolutely beautiful day. As I was approaching the finish line, I started to spring (as I always do at the end) to try to get the best time possible. Apparently the woman in front of me didn't like that, because she started sprinting as well and yelled "I'm not going to let you pass me!". I didn't even care about passing her- she needs to chill out!



After the race in Newcastle, Athenry.

Later in the month I did a 5 mile race with one of the girls from my running club. The day was gorgeous and we ran through Leenane. I had been to John's brothers 21st birthday a few nights before and I was still feeling that during the run!I was hoping to see John at the end of the finish line, but sure enough he was chatting away to someone that his family knows from a long time ago. Trust one of the Davises to find someone they knew in a random place!

Siobhan and I after our race 


The week following that race was Thanksgiving! It was very strange to be away from my family, but I made up for by going out for dinner with John's family. There is a restaurant here in Galway that is owned by an American, and he offered a Thanksgiving meal. It was delicious- unfortunately, my once large American stomach has shrunk to European standards and I couldn't even finish my dinner! The food was fantastic though, I'm so glad I found out about that place!

So much food!

The next week was very stressful for John and myself. He was best man for his friends wedding, and I was getting ready for the creche's Christmas play. We were both stressed, but everything really turned out alright. The wedding was beautiful, everyone love John's speech and the parents loved the Christmas play.




That's all for now! We are heading home for Christmas in about 2 and half weeks, and I can't wait!!!

Will try to be better about posting.

Lots of love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment